Making Ricce Pudding with Your Rice Cooker – Did you know you could make a deliciously creamy rice pudding in your rice cooker? Rice pudding made in a rice cooker comes out oh-so-creamy and with the perfect consistency, without putting too much work into it.
A simple throw together of thick, creamy milk and rice, sweetened just right, makes for a warm, comforting dessert any time. There’s minimal stirring involved and in 40 minutes you could be eating this quintessential comfort dessert.
- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 165g (3/4 cup) medium-grain white rice
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the milk, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick and rice in a rice cooker and stir to combine.
- Set rice cooker to 35 minutes.
- Cook, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Once rice pudding is cooked, stir in the sugar.
- Remove and discard vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Stand rice pudding for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy.
- Serve dusted with cinnamon.
It’s interesting isn’t it? Who would have thought we could make rice pudding, only with a rice cooker. And what’s even more amazing is that we only need very little time and materials to make.
This can really be an alternative snack when we are lazy to make something complicated.
Well, I hope you enjoy it.
Don’t forget to check out our other pudding recipes.
By the way, If you have any recipe ideas and love to share them with us, feel free to contact us and send them with a photo of the food. Don’t forget to share your story about the food too. We will enjoy hearing about that.